I am Licensed Mental Health Counselor with experience treating adults, children, and teens with a variety of presenting issues. I have expertise in relationship issues, difficult family dynamics, trauma, low self esteem, and women’s issues. Patients experience me to be warm, authentic, professional, personable, and accepting. In addition to my New York license, I am a Nationally Certified Counselor, having met standards for education, training, and experience set by the professional counseling community nationwide. Prior to opening my private practice, I worked in home, school, and counseling center settings, providing individual and group therapy to adults and children.
My beliefs and intentions about therapy and our relationship influence our work together. Some of my guiding principles are:
- All people have a natural impulse toward health and healing that strengthens when it is supported and nurtured.
- Therapy is collaborative, not forceful.
- No trauma is too great that it cannot be healed within the context of a safe relationship.
- When we step out of auto-pilot through slow, curious attention to our moment-to-moment inner experience, we gain more freedom, choice, and often relief; we also gain the ability to make more informed decisions about our lives.
- We get stuck in old ideas about ourselves that may no longer be true. Updating these beliefs through new, good experiences enables new behaviors and a new sense of self.
- Working deeply on ourselves creates room for lasting change.
- Therapy, like life, does not happen in a bubble. Our cultural factors are inseparable from our experiences in the world.
- All people deserve the same safe, accepting, and compassionate therapy experiences, regardless of race, sexual orientation, age, religion, size, gender identification, and physical ability.
I am accountable to the American Counseling Association, American Mental Health Counselors Association, New York Mental Health Counselors Association, and the Association for Play Therapy. I am a member of the AEDP Institute. I am also a Nationally Certified Counselor through the National Board of Certified Counselors.